I present to you a compilation of the most useful Linux commands. Although graphical interfaces in Linux are becoming more functional and visually appealing every day, if you really want to make the most of the potential of this operating system, the use of the command line is inevitable.
The following list shows a summary organized by categories with the Linux commands that will be most useful if you want to learn and start as users or administrators of Linux systems.
- Process and job control
- System information and monitoring
- File and directory operations
- File content operations
- File and content search
- User and group management
- Permissions and special attributes
- Packaged and compressed files
- Package installers and repositories
- File system operations
- Telecommunications and network operations
I hope you find it useful. Of course, there are many more, and countless possible combinations (some truly long and impossible to remember). I will complete the list if I remember that any are missing, and with your suggestions. If you have any contributions, we are happy to collect your comments.